UNSW TechConnect in partnership with Michael Crouch Innovation Centre (MCIC) is offering a half-day interactive workshop on design thinking. This workshop is open to NSW based-SEMs free of charge as part of the Boosting Business Innovation program.
More and more small to medium enterprises and startups are accelerating their operations, solving problems and driving innovation by applying design thinking. The MCIC workshop will help you unlock your creative potential and help your business bring ideas to life quickly.
The workshop will finish with a one-hour networking lunch You’ll be able to boost your connections by meeting UNSW Sydney academics as well as MCIC entrepreneurs, experts and catalysts.
NB: No prior experience is necessary. All you need is an open and curious mind ready to explore these new methodologies.
Duration & Date
4 hours of interactive, hand-on workshops followed by 1 hour networking lunch.
Thursday, 30 November 2017.
Workshop from 10am to 2pm.
You will be learning by doing, experimenting, collaborating and thinking with your hands.
The design thinking workshop will focus on:
- Rapid prototyping
- An understanding of design thinking and how you can apply it to design meaningful solutions
- An insight into how you can leverage apply design thinking to accelerate your business operations, solve problems and bring ideas to life quickly
- A deep dive into the future of design (products, services, systems, spaces)
- An introduction to digital fabrication
- Connection into the UNSW’s innovation ecosystem
- Discuss co-working opportunities at UNSW Sydney
- Start conversations around opportunities for research, for collaboration and for technology transfer
Places are strictly limited.